Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
- Full Title: Brave New World
- Where Written: England
- When Published: 1932
- Literary Period: Modernism
- Genre: Dystopian novel
- Setting: London and New Mexico, as they exist under the rule of an imagined future one-world government called the World State.
- Climax: The debate between Mustapha Mond and John
- Antagonist: The World State; Mustapha Mond
- Point of View: Third person omniscient
The Doors of Rock and Roll. As you might expect, Huxley's book about his experiences with hallucinogenic drugs, the Doors of Experience, was a cult classic among certain groups of people. One of those groups was actually a rock and roll band looking for a name. Well, after Jim Morrison and his friends read Huxley's book, they had one: The Doors.