Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
- Full Title: Fahrenheit 451
- When Written: 1947–1953
- Where Written: The United States
- When Published: 1953
- Literary Period: Modern American
- Genre: Dystopian novel
- Setting: An unnamed city in America in the future
- Climax: Montag's escape from the Mechanical Hound; the bombing of the city
- Antagonist: Captain Beatty; the Mechanical Hound
- Point of View: Third person
Fahrenheit on film: Fahrenheit 451 was made into a movie by acclaimed French director Francois Truffaut in 1966. A new filmed version has been in the works for over a decade. Ray Bradbury reportedly took offense at the title of Michael Moore's controversial documentary, Fahrenheit 9/11, though apparently not for political reasons.