Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Michael Lewis 's The Blind Side. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
The Blind Side: Context
The Blind Side: Plot Summary
The Blind Side: Detailed Summary & Analysis
The Blind Side: Themes
The Blind Side: Quotes
The Blind Side: Characters
The Blind Side: Symbols
The Blind Side: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Michael Lewis
Historical Context of The Blind Side
Other Books Related to The Blind Side
- Full Title: The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game
- When Written: 2005
- Where Written: California
- When Published: September 2, 2006
- Genre: Nonfiction / Sports writing
- Setting: Memphis, Tennessee, followed by Oxford, Mississippi
- Climax: Michael Oher flees his fight with Antonio
- Antagonist: Poverty, racism
- Point of View: Third person omniscient
Extra Credit for The Blind Side
The King of Hollywood. Filmmakers love Michael Lewis’s books—in the last ten years, three of them (The Blind Side, Moneyball, and The Big Short) have been made into successful, Academy Award-nominated films.
Nobody’s perfect. The Blind Side won good reviews from critics, but some people claimed that it made a couple of notable errors regarding the sport of football. Football wonks pointed out that Lewis misreported the number of Super Bowls the 49ers won, and the year in which the NFL allowed their players to have free agency.