Blond Weed is Anders' girlfriend. Ove never learns her name but refers to her as Blond Weed because she's blond, tall, and wears very tall high heels. She has a small dog named Prince, and Ove dislikes them both because Prince urinates on Ove's paving stones when Blond Weed lets him off his leash. Ove's dislike for Blond Weed becomes personal when Prince begins fighting with the cat, starting a feud with Ove. This feud reveals that Blond Weed is exceptionally cruel, as she tries to harm the cat on a number of occasions.
The timeline below shows where the character Blond Weed appears in A Man Called Ove. The colored dots and icons indicate which themes are associated with that appearance.
6. A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle That Should Have Been Left Where Bicycles Are Left
11. A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One Who Can't Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder
15. A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train
25. A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron
34. A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door