Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Lisa Genova's Still Alice. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Still Alice: Introduction
Still Alice: Plot Summary
Still Alice: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Still Alice: Themes
Still Alice: Quotes
Still Alice: Characters
Still Alice: Symbols
Still Alice: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Lisa Genova
Historical Context of Still Alice
Other Books Related to Still Alice
- Full Title: Still Alice
- When Written: 2007
- When Published: Self-published in 2007; published by Simon & Schuster in 2009
- Literary Period: Contemporary
- Genre: Novel
- Setting: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Climax: Alice recognizes John at their beach house and shares a final moment of lucidity with him.
- Antagonist: Alzheimer’s disease
- Point of View: Third person
Extra Credit for Still Alice
Popular Demand. Still Alice spent 59 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list. Genova’s next three novels also spent a number of weeks each on the list.
High Praise. In 2016, Lisa Genova received the Alzheimer’s Association’s Rita Hayworth Award in recognition for the work she had done in bringing attention to Alzheimer’s disease, its symptoms, treatments, and the importance of early intervention.