King John Translation Act 3, Scene 2
Alarums, excursions. Enter the BASTARD, with AUSTRIA'S head
Now, by my life, this day grows wondrous hot; Some airy devil hovers in the sky And pours down mischief. Austria's head lie there, While Philip breathes.
By my life, this day has become very hot. Some air devil is hovering in the sky, pouring down mischief. Lie there, Austria's head, while Philip is alive.
Enter KING JOHN, ARTHUR, and HUBERT
Hubert, keep this boy. Philip, make up:My mother is assailed in our tent,And ta'en, I fear.
Hubert, guard this boy. Philip, let's go. My mother is being attacked in our tent, and I fear she's been captured.
My lord, I rescued her; Her highness is in safety, fear you not: But on, my liege; for very little pains Will bring this labour to an happy end.
My lord, I rescued her. She's safe, don't worry. Keep going, my king. Very little effort will make this work end happily.
LitCharts A+ members also get exclusive access to:
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 1278 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 28,066 quotes covering 1278 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms