Pericles Translation Act 4, Scene 5
Enter, from the brothel, two Gentlemen
Did you ever hear the like?
Have you ever heard anything like it?
No, nor never shall do in such a place as this, shebeing once gone.
No. I'll never set foot in a place like this again, if she's not there.
But to have divinity preached there! did you everdream of such a thing?
Isn't it strange to hear such godly preaching there? Did you ever dream of such a thing?
No, no. Come, I am for no more bawdy-houses:shall's go hear the vestals sing?
No, no. Listen; I'm not interested in brothels anymore. Should we go hear the nuns sing?
I'll do any thing now that is virtuous; but Iam out of the road of rutting for ever.
I'll do anything now, as long as its virtuous. I'm done with prostitutes forever.
LitCharts A+ members also get exclusive access to:
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 671 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 16,595 quotes covering 671 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms