The Two Gentlemen of Verona Translation Act 5, Scene 1
The sun begins to gild the western sky; And now it is about the very hour That Silvia, at Friar Patrick's cell, should meet me. She will not fail, for lovers break not hours, Unless it be to come before their time; So much they spur their expedition. See where she comes.
Lady, a happy evening!
Amen, amen! Go on, good Eglamour,Out at the postern by the abbey-wall:I fear I am attended by some spies.
Fear not: the forest is not three leagues off;If we recover that, we are sure enough.
LitCharts A+ members also get exclusive access to:
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 525 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 13,842 quotes covering 525 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms