Timon of Athens Translation Act 5, Scene 2
Enter two Senators and a Messenger
Thou hast painfully discover'd: are his filesAs full as thy report?
I have spoke the least:Besides, his expedition promisesPresent approach.
We stand much hazard, if they bring not Timon.
I met a courier, one mine ancient friend; Whom, though in general part we were opposed, Yet our old love made a particular force, And made us speak like friends: this man was riding From Alcibiades to Timon's cave, With letters of entreaty, which imported His fellowship i' the cause against your city, In part for his sake moved.
Here come our brothers.
Enter the Senators from TIMON
No talk of Timon, nothing of him expect. The enemies' drum is heard, and fearful scouring Doth choke the air with dust: in, and prepare: Ours is the fall, I fear; our foes the snare.
LitCharts A+ members also get exclusive access to:
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 525 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 13,828 quotes covering 525 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms