The LitCharts A+ Subscription FAQ
If you have additional questions not covered below, please contact us directly and we'd be happy to help.
- What are the benefits of a LitCharts A+ subscription?
- Can I get a free sample?
- What do we mean by “instant downloads”?
- Are there any limits on the number of PDFs subscribers can download?
- If I don't live in the USA, can I still sign up?
- Does the subscription renew automatically?
- Can I cancel anytime?
- Can I get a refund?
- If I cancel, will I lose access immediately?
- Can I restart my subscription if it's lapsed?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- I'm a subscriber but I can't log in. What should I do?
- Are the LitCharts website and mobile apps still free?
What are the benefits of a LitCharts A+ subscription?
LitCharts A+ subscribers gain access to the following exclusive content:
- PDF downloads of 557 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- Explanations and citation info for 12,408 quotes across 557 books
- Complete translations of all 37 Shakespeare plays (plus the Sonnets), including PDF downloads
- PDFs explaining 136 key Literary Terms
We’ll also be adding lots of additional new helpful features and content over the coming months that will be available exclusively to subscribers.
Can I get a free sample?
Yes! Click on these links to download a free sample of our various downloadable products:
What do we mean by “instant downloads”?
Logged-in subscribers can go to any LitCharts literature guide and download the PDF of the guide directly to their computer or mobile device. No waiting for emails or any other frustrating delays.
Are there any limits to the number of PDFs subscribers can download?
No. You can sign up and download however many PDFs you need, whenever you need them.
If I don't live in the USA, can I still sign up?
Yes. If your local currency is not U.S. dollars, your credit card company will handle the conversion automatically at the time of purchase. We have subscribers from all over the world.
Does the subscription renew automatically?
Yes, at the end of your current monthly or annual subscription term. You can stop automatic renewal at anytime before your next renewal date by canceling your account.
Can I cancel anytime?
Yes. If you cancel, we won't renew your account or charge you again at the end of your subscription period.
Can I get a refund?
We're sorry but we do not offer refunds.
If I cancel, will I lose access immediately?
No. If you cancel, your account will remain open and accessible until the date on which your current subscription term ends.
Can I restart my subscription if it's lapsed?
Yes. At any time after you cancel and your subscription period lapses, you can restart your subscription by logging in with your old username or email address and password (if you've forgotten your password, we can email you a reminder). When you do, you'll land on our renew page where we'll ask you to choose the subscription plan you'd like and to re-input your payment info.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), PayPal, and Apple Pay. We're sorry but we do not accept purchase orders or checks.
How do I cancel my subscription?
To cancel, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your LitCharts account.
- Go to your Settings page by clicking on the dropdown menu in the top-right corner of any page.
- Click "cancel your subscription" at the bottom of the Settings form.
- Click to confirm that you want to cancel in the popup that appears.
I'm a subscriber but I can't log in. What should I do?
This problem usually results from one of two causes:
- Entering the incorrect password.
- Signing up with a typo in your email address.
To resolve this problem, first try resetting your password. If you do not receive the password reset email, you probably signed up with a typo in your email address or our emails are ending up in your spam folder. Please check your spam folder to confirm. If you still can't login for any other reason, please contact us directly and let us know the email address associated with your LitCharts account. We will help restore your access to your account asap.
Are the LitCharts website and mobile apps still free?
Yes! All of our website content (except LitCharts A+ exclusive content, such as our literature guide PDFs, Quotes Explanations, and Teacher Editions) and our mobile apps remain 100% free.
If you have any other questions, please contact us. And if you choose to subscribe, thank you! We really appreciate your support.