Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Robert Cormier's Heroes. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Heroes: Plot Summary
Heroes: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Heroes: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Robert Cormier
Historical Context of Heroes
Other Books Related to Heroes
- Full Title: Heroes
- When Written: 1998
- Where Written: USA
- When Published: 1998
- Literary Period: realism / historical fiction
- Genre: Realistic young adult fiction
- Setting: Frenchtown, a neighborhood in the town of Monument (presumably in Massachusetts)
- Climax: Francis confronts Larry LaSalle with the intent of killing him.
- Antagonist: Larry LaSalle
- Point of View: First person
Extra Credit for Heroes
Home sweet home: Monument was modeled on Cormier’s hometown of Leominster, and Frenchtown the French Hill section of town in which Cormier grew up.
Loyal till the end: Even after the success of his career as a fiction writer, Cormier continued to write for his hometown newspaper, the Fitchburg Sentinel.