Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Ambrose Bierce's Chickamauga. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Chickamauga: Plot Summary
Chickamauga: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Chickamauga: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Ambrose Bierce
Historical Context of Chickamauga
Other Books Related to Chickamauga
- Full Title: Chickamauga
- When Written: 1889
- Where Written: San Francisco
- When Published: 1889
- Literary Period: American Naturalism, Civil War literature
- Genre: Short story, war fiction, horror fiction
- Setting: A forest and a plantation in northwestern Georgia during the American Civil War.
- Climax: The child protagonist discovers that his home has been destroyed and his mother is dead.
- Antagonist: War
- Point of View: Third person
Extra Credit for Chickamauga
A lot of “A” Children. Ambrose Bierce was the tenth of thirteen children, all of whom had names that began with the letter “A.”