Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Cathy Park Hong's Minor Feelings. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Minor Feelings: Introduction
Minor Feelings: Plot Summary
Minor Feelings: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Minor Feelings: Themes
Minor Feelings: Quotes
Minor Feelings: Characters
Minor Feelings: Terms
Minor Feelings: Symbols
Minor Feelings: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Cathy Park Hong
Historical Context of Minor Feelings
Other Books Related to Minor Feelings
- Full Title: Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning
- When Written: 2015–2020
- Where Written: Primarily New York City
- When Published: February 2020
- Literary Period: Contemporary
- Genre: Creative Nonfiction, Cultural Criticism, Essay Collection, Autobiography, Asian American Studies
- Setting: Los Angeles; New York City; Iowa City; and Oberlin, Ohio
- Climax: Hong concludes that she must repay her debt to her country and parents through her activism and art, rather than by chasing the “privatized dream” of success under capitalism.
- Point of View: First Person
Extra Credit for Minor Feelings
Between Two Worlds. In an ironic twist of fate, Cathy Park Hong met her husband, a white man from Brooklyn, while they were both living in Seoul.