Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Alan Gratz's Prisoner B-3087. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Prisoner B-3087: Introduction
Prisoner B-3087: Plot Summary
Prisoner B-3087: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Prisoner B-3087: Themes
Prisoner B-3087: Quotes
Prisoner B-3087: Characters
Prisoner B-3087: Symbols
Prisoner B-3087: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Alan Gratz
Historical Context of Prisoner B-3087
Other Books Related to Prisoner B-3087
- Full Title: Prisoner B-3087
- When Written: 2012–2013
- Where Written: North Carolina
- When Published: March 1, 2013
- Literary Period: Contemporary
- Genre: Young Adult; Historical Fiction; Biographical Fiction
- Setting: Poland and Germany, 1939–1945
- Climax: Yanek is liberated from Dachau concentration camp.
- Antagonist: The Nazi regime
- Point of View: First Person
Extra Credit for Prisoner B-3087
Ruth’s Truth. Jack Gruener’s wife, Ruth, has also published a memoir about her time during the Holocaust, entitled Destined to Live.