Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Louise Erdrich's The Round House. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
The Round House: Introduction
The Round House: Plot Summary
The Round House: Detailed Summary & Analysis
The Round House: Themes
The Round House: Quotes
The Round House: Characters
The Round House: Symbols
The Round House: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Louise Erdrich
Historical Context of The Round House
Other Books Related to The Round House
- Full Title: The Round House
- When Published: 2012
- Literary Period: Contemporary American
- Genre: Contemporary Native American Literature
- Setting: Unnamed Chippewa reservation in Minnesota
- Climax: When Joe and Cappy shoot and kill Linden Lark on the golf course
- Antagonist: Linden Lark
- Point of View: Joe’s retrospective first-person viewpoint
Extra Credit for The Round House
Work and home. Louise Erdrich was formerly married to chair of the Native American Program at Dartmouth College and fellow author Michael Dorris, with whom she collaborated on several books before their divorce in 1996 and Dorris’s death in 1997.
Coed trailblazer. Erdrich was a member of the first class of women to attend and graduate from Dartmouth College.