King John Translation Act 5, Scene 3
Alarums. Enter KING JOHN and HUBERT
How goes the day with us? O, tell me, Hubert.
Badly, I fear. How fares your majesty?
This fever, that hath troubled me so long,Lies heavy on me; O, my heart is sick!
Enter a Messenger
My lord, your valiant kinsman, Faulconbridge,Desires your majesty to leave the fieldAnd send him word by me which way you go.
Tell him, toward Swinstead, to the abbey there.
Be of good comfort; for the great supply That was expected by the Dauphin here, Are wreck'd three nights ago on Goodwin Sands. This news was brought to Richard but even now: The French fight coldly, and retire themselves.
Ay me! this tyrant fever burns me up, And will not let me welcome this good news. Set on toward Swinstead: to my litter straight; Weakness possesseth me, and I am faint.
LitCharts A+ members also get exclusive access to:
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 523 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 13,779 quotes covering 523 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms