Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Susan Pfeffer's Life as We Knew It. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Life as We Knew It: Introduction
Life as We Knew It: Plot Summary
Life as We Knew It: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Life as We Knew It: Themes
Life as We Knew It: Quotes
Life as We Knew It: Characters
Life as We Knew It: Symbols
Life as We Knew It: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Susan Pfeffer
Other Books Related to Life as We Knew It
- Full Title: Life As We Knew It
- Where Written: New York
- When Published: 2006
- Literary Period: Contemporary Young Adult
- Genre: Science Fiction / Post-apocalyptic, Young Adult fiction
- Setting: Howell, Pennsylvania
- Climax: Miranda walks into town, knowing she doesn’t have the strength to return, and finds the flyer for food distribution.
- Point of View: First person, written in epistolary form of Miranda’s journal entries
Extra Credit for Life as We Knew It
Holiday inspiration. Pfeffer was inspired to write Life As We Know It after watching the movie Meteor on the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2004.
Lofty influences. Miranda Evans is named after the character Miranda in Shakespeare’s play The Tempest.