Welcome to the LitCharts study guide on Nic Stone's Dear Justyce. Created by the original team behind SparkNotes, LitCharts are the world's best literature guides.
Dear Justyce: Introduction
Dear Justyce: Plot Summary
Dear Justyce: Detailed Summary & Analysis
Dear Justyce: Themes
Dear Justyce: Quotes
Dear Justyce: Characters
Dear Justyce: Symbols
Dear Justyce: Theme Wheel
Brief Biography of Nic Stone
Historical Context of Dear Justyce
Other Books Related to Dear Justyce
- Full Title: Dear Justyce
- When Written: 2019
- Where Written: Atlanta, Georgia
- When Published: 2020
- Literary Period: Contemporary
- Genre: Young Adult Novel; Issue Novel; Epistolary Novel
- Setting: Atlanta, Georgia
- Climax: Quan learns that the prosecutors are dropping his charges.
- Antagonist: Dwight, racism, poverty, and violence; Martel is arguably an antagonist, but not entirely.
- Point of View: Dear Justyce employs a variety of points of view, including third- and first-person narration in addition to scripts.
Extra Credit for Dear Justyce
Help from a Star. While attending Spelman College, Stone had the opportunity to meet bestselling author Jodi Picoult, who helped her get a literary agent.