Antony and Cleopatra Translation Act 4, Scene 10
Enter ANTONY and SCARUS, with their army
Their preparation is today by sea.We please them not by land.
They're preparing to fight by sea today. They're not happy fighting us on land.
For both, my lord.
They're preparing to fight by both land and sea, my lord.
I would they’d fight i’ th’ fire or i’ th’ air, We’d fight there too. But this it is: our foot Upon the hills adjoining to the city Shall stay with us. Order for sea is given; They have put forth the haven, Where their appointment we may best discover And look on their endeavor.
I wish they'd also fight in fire or in the air—we'd fight them there too. But this is how we'll do things—our foot soldiers up on the hills beside the city will stay with us. I've given the orders for our preparations at sea. The ships have left the port. Let's go up higher where we can better observe their battle plans and watch what they're doing.
- Downloadable translations of every Shakespeare play and sonnet
- Downloads of 1335 LitCharts Lit Guides
- Explanations and citation info for 29,350 quotes covering 1335 books
- Teacher Editions for every Lit Guide
- PDFs defining 136 key Lit Terms